If you have noticed that you seem to be losing candidates during your hiring process, it might be that they are being snagged by other companies while your rounds of interviews drag on. Eliminating unnecessary tasks and combining steps will create a quicker, more efficient system. Consider streamlining your hiring process to be considerate of your candidates’ valuable time, as well as to save your own time and money.
- Define your mandatory level of experience. Knowing what level you absolutely must have is an excellent way of weeding out candidates who will not meet this need, and will also likely indicate something to potential candidates about the level and expectations of the position. However, be open-minded. Keeping crucial jobs open too long could adversely impact performance of current staff.
- Know your position’s core competencies. These are the skills that are imperative for a candidate to possess in order to be capable of performing the tasks well. These should be listed in your advertisements and given to your recruiter.
- Work with a recruiting firm. These professionals are experts in your field, and can help you shorten the hiring process by finding qualified candidates quickly. And prevent you from wasting your valuable time reviewing and weeding out unqualified candidates.
- Create a hiring strategy. Use data from employee surveys, exit interviews and other sources to determine how to create a high level of job satisfaction among your team and put a plan in place to eliminate large increases in your hiring needs. Use this information to make hires that will excel in that environment.
- Implement competency and personality tests. Assessments such as these are proven to be highly effective at targeting desirable employees. In fact, many companies find that oftentimes, employees who do not work out are the ones who were not the ideal match based on assessments that were used, but who were hired anyways. These tests can be most easily administered via a computer system where the data is processed automatically and instantaneously, saving both money and time.
- Be familiar with your own process. Be aware of who must sign off on employee hiring so that you can do everything in your power to expedite the hiring process for candidates you are sure of. Regardless of how much you like someone, if it takes too long to close the deal on your end, you may end up starting from scratch.
- Limit the number of interview rounds to three. This will save your own company valuable time and money, and will also be respectful of your candidates’ time; this is especially important to candidates who are already employed.
Streamlining your hiring process can save you a bundle in time and money, and can also eliminate the loss of prime candidates during an excessively lengthy process. Contact CompliStaff today to begin implementing these strategies to streamline your hiring process. We can help you create a strategic hiring plan that can save you money and increase employee retention!